Maverick French designer Jean Paul Gaultier will display a veritable treasure trove of his zany designs at the de Young Fine Arts Museum in San Francisco, from 24th March up until the 19th of August 2012.
Titled, The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier – From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk, the dynamic, multimedia exhibition will include a hundred and forty haute couture and prêt-à-porter designs created between the mid-1970′s and 2010, along with numerous sketches, archival documents, fashion photographs, and video clips that spotlight Gaultier’s collaborations with filmmakers, choreographers, and musicians, most notably Madonna.
The artifacts will be dramatically displayed in scenic contexts ranging from the boudoir to graffiti streets and the catwalk. Animated mannequins talk and sing in playful and outrageous vignettes, enhancing the artistry and culturally revolutionary work of Gaultier.
For this presentation, Gaultier has partnered with the Montreal-based theater company Ubu Compagnie de Création in the design of the thirty animated mannequins.
A must visit if you’re visiting the States during this period!
- Get This Look Make-Up: Aishwarya Rai’s Shimmery Lids
- Tusshar Kapoor to Launch His Own Production House
- Why YOU Love Barun Sobti! #CelebrityLoveFest
- Get This Look Make-Up: Sonam Kapoor is Pretty in Pink
- MTV to Sell Sexy Lingerie?
- Get This Look Make-Up: Freida Pinto’s Red Lips
- Has Ameesha Patel Over-Packed for Cannes?
- Lainey Lui Says Gossip Has an Eco-System!
- Win Exotic Wall Art by Krsna Mehta
- Bombay Talkies Goes to Cannes