“It is hard to ignore the statistics that one in 30 women in urban India runs the risk of developing breast cancer,” says Nonita Kalra, “But the good news is that with early detection, survival rates are as high as 98%.”
ELLE magazine has an initiative called Fashion Joins Hands Against Breast Cancer (along with Ogaan Cancer Foundation) that aims to spread awareness and raise funds. Yesterday they brought back their very successful Carnival for a Cause, that combines the best brands and designers in India today. Designers like Narendra Kumar, Nandita Mahtani, Meera Mital, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Tarun Tahiliani, Sabyasachi, Kavita Bhartia, JJ Valaya, Ashish Soni, Ritu Kumar (and this list goes on), offered up pieces that were priced under 5000rs to help raise funds for the initiative.
To show support for the cause and do some shopping, Mumbai’s fashion and Bollywood set like Dia Mirza, Kunal Kohli, Purab Kohi, Aki Narula, Lisa Haydon, Raman Lamba and Little Shilpa attended. All in all, a great event for a great cause!
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen
- Behind the Scenes: Alia Bhatt & Imtiaz Ali Shoot in Picturesque Kashmir for ‘Highway’
- A Week in the Life of MissMalini.com