Kareena Kapoor claims she walked out of Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s Ram Leela (a remake of Romeo and Juliet) because of money and date issues; however, it turns out that may not be the case. Reports say that Bhansali was the one to decide she couldn’t be a part of the project – because, by that time, she’d be married, and he didn’t want a married actress playing Juliet in his film.
Apparently, Kareena wasn’t very honest with Bhansali about her wedding plans, and he only learned of it once the announcement was made in the media. Word has it that Bhansali doesn’t think a married Kareena can pull off the role in his film, because after seeing her in her wedding avatar all over the media, it’d become difficult for the public to see her as a Juliet.
What do you think – is Bhansali’s theory correct?
- Get This Look: Deepika Padukone in Alexander McQueen
- Hot or Not? Sonam Kapoor Does Androgyny
- Exclusive: Stylist Josie Paris on What it Takes to Make Women Dented, Painted and Ready
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Fab in Elie Saab!
- Priyanka Chopra is Part of the Educational Curriculum!
- “Salman Khan’s Advice Has Been Invaluable.” – Katrina Kaif
- Wanna See an Unbelievable Red Carpet Gown from Cannes?
- 7 Things Girls Will NEVER Tell You!
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab