• Home > Lifestyle Events > Snowfall in Mumbai with Freezing Rains @ Snow World
    Comments

Snowfall in Mumbai with Freezing Rains @ Snow World

Shelter at Snow World

Children enjoying the snow at Snow World at Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla

Children enjoying the snow at Snow World at Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla

Amruta at Snow World

Amruta at Snow World

Phoenix Marketcity Kurla in collaboration with Freezing Rains @ Snow World launched Mumbai’s first ever snow theme park. It’s spread over 18,000 sq. ft. and the temperature is maintained at minus 10 degrees Celsius. So cool right?

Renowned circus artist David Poznanter performs at the Snow World Lanch

Renowned circus artist David Poznanter performs at the Snow World Lanch

The celebrations began with a modern and contemporary dance performance by Sumeet Nagdev Dance Arts by many talented and graceful dance artists. Also entertaining the crowd was renowned circus artist, David Poznanter, who performed this incredible wheel act. Live music by Rodney Entertainment band got the crowd jumping to their feet.

Snow World at Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla

Snow World at Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla

They asked the invitees to enter the Snow Park in groups of 15-20 people so that everyone gets to enjoy and have a great time! They even provided us with warm jackets, gloves and boots.

Fun Activities at Snow World

Fun Activities at Snow World

They have a lot of fun activities inside the theme park – sledging, sliding, dancing, fire-camp in an Igloo, ice-skating and dashing cars.

Shelter at Snow World

Shelter at Snow World

If you are tired and want to take a break from all the running around in the park, they have many little Igloo’s and a small wooden house to “chill” out.

Snow World at Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla

Snow World at Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla

Mumbai has numerous entertainment zones but this is definitely a one-of-a-kind snowy experience. Next time you are going Phoenixing at Marketcity Kurla, check it out!

*Update: The rides will be completely operational from 23rd July. Hence once they are completely operational, the timings will be fixed. There is no differentiation in ticket prices for children or adults. However there are two ticket price ranges – Rs 350 and Rs 500. The extra privileges for the people booking the Rs. 500 ticket (VIP Ticket) is that they get access to the VIP Lounge. Both the entries includes access to jacket, boots and gloves and access to all the rides in the Snow World.

Amruta Khatavkar
    Jul 15 , 2012 6:00 pm

• Get This Look: Tamannaah in Ken Ferns

• The 7 Types of Indian Guys You Meet on Tinder

• Hrithik Roshan in Kabir Khan’s Untitled Next!

• Public Demand Makes Lauren Gottlieb A Regular On Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7

• 5 Awesome Things We Learned About Priyanka Chopra & Mary Kom!

• Bollywood Movie Review: Kick – The Salman Khan Feast

20 thoughts on “Snowfall in Mumbai with Freezing Rains @ Snow World”

1. abhishek
      July 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

i really wanna visit this wonderful place
      may i knw the address?
      how much is the entry fees?

2. Hi,really impressed and thinking of words to describe the mini phenomenon,but I am still thinking and soon come up with the words and sentence to appreciate a nouveau invention of the place and more for the creator or creators……..I will keep adding to the idea till your ceo notice it and give me a reward for the words.like a free whole day aaa access to the cool place.thanks sangam bach

3. Hi Abhishek,
      The rides will be completely operational from next week onwards. Hence once they are completely operational, the timings will be fixed.
      There are no differentiation in ticket prices for children or adults. However there are two ticket price ranges – Rs 350 and Rs 500. The extra privileges for the people booking the Rs. 500 ticket (VIP Ticket) is that they get access to the VIP Lounge.
      Both the entries includes access to jacket, boots and gloves and access to all the rides in the Snow World. This is located at Phoenix Marketcity in Kurla, Mumbai.

4. Droid
      July 18, 2012 at 11:35 am

what will be the attractions if we go before 23rd…..I am planning to go today :)

5. Sanil
      July 18, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Is it compulsory 2 go 2 snow world in a group of 15 people? Or 2 people also can go?

6. Sanil
      July 18, 2012 at 9:43 pm

snow world is seeming a great fun…isn’t it???

7. sanya
      July 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm

waiting to go… look forward to an awesome experience

8. Steffi
      July 22, 2012 at 12:04 am

Was an awesome experience juz loved it so much cant’t wait to go back again…

9. girish
      August 26, 2012 at 10:38 pm

fantaboulous place ,lots of new game would like to go again very soon.

10. I would love to take my kids to snow world…i m sure they will like it…

11. cant wait to go there….m convincing my parents to take me there as soon as possible…it seems so awesome…i just love the snow….the decor is superb….i am going there with my sister and my parents…will write my experience of snow world after going there…..

12. The snow world is lovely…………love to come here………

13. Thomas Pathrose
      September 24, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I visited Snow world yesterday (Sunday) 23 September 2012.Ticket fare was Rs400/-.I was given timing of 3:30 to 4:30 Mobile Phone Rs25 Socks were sold for Rs25.I had to wait for one hour. As I entered, there was a dressing area .The winter clothing was issued. They were the ones issued to the previous show, the clothing was wet and cold, and the shoe was not of sizes. My wife had to change her gloves three times. We deposited the foot wear. Changing took us 15 Minutes. On entering there was tunnel like passage.
      It was on one side of the hall, there was a small steel bridge meant for photography. It was slippery, I saw a lady falling down. The temperature was a bit cold, my cap was not fitting properly .since the boot given to me was used by someone in the last show, and it was very cold my feet were hurting. There a huge sledge with rain deer’s statue, There a wooden house on the corner. Outside the wooden house was ice carving of bal ganapathy (which was smaller than I expected) a half igloo close by with a thermocol cut-out of bal ganapathy. There were few sledges to be pulled by the partners, but there no sufficient snow. on the far end there was slide on which you are expected to slide by sitting on a tube, with a push given by the guy sitting there, unfortunately I could not move a I had to push myself to reach the end .on the right side of the hall there were two partitions one for playing and other for skating, for white the boots are to swapped for skates a waste of 10 minutes. My daughter wanted to slide but could get skating shoes, as already 15 people were trying to skate. There was an air ejector for fresh air making noise in the hall, in 20 minute of time the security were telling us move out

14. MEGHA
      October 15, 2012 at 1:37 pm

IT IS VERY EXITED BUT PLEASE KEEP MORE SNOW FOR MAKEING SNOW BALL

15. Ketan Ruparel
      December 26, 2012 at 9:57 am

My experience at Snow World Mumbai was a complete waste of time, money and energy !! Dirty jackets, torn gloves, mis matched shoes, non functional accessories in the ice skating and sking area, over smart staff which had to be brought in line after a lot of protesting……I can go on and on. This is the level of disappointment. They mention that it would be a 1 hour session but the handing over of jackets, gloves and shoes consumes around 20 mins, by the time you get in, it takes another 10 mins and in another 15 mins, they start blowing whistles and pushing people out of the area. I will stronly recommend not to go as there are many more better places in mumbai were you can get value for money and you can entertain your self and your children better !!