- About Us
- SEND US A TIP
- Switch to Blog View
Yep, the maverick turns 62 today! From founding a politically-inclined youth magazine at the mere age of 16 to now overseeing a multibillion dollar business empire that stretches six continents and has its fingers everywhere, this dyslexic school drop-out is the perfect reference for one and all. So, on the occasion of birth of *arguably* the most successful entrepreneur of our time, we at MissMalini take you through some fave quotes of his (in no particular order). Come, have a gander, über inspirational they are!
1. If you don’t enjoy it, don’t do it. You must love what you do.
2. Some 80% of your life is spent working. You want to have fun at home; why shouldn’t you have fun at work?
3. Throwing yourself into a job you enjoy is one of the life’s greatest pleasures!
4. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over, and it’s because you fall over that you learn to save yourself from falling over.
5. Although my spelling is still sometimes poor, I have managed to overcome the worst of my difficulties through training myself to concentrate.
6. Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.
7. My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long university education that I never had – every day I’m learning something new.
8. Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That’s always been my philosophy of business.
9. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing.
10. What works once may never work again. What everyone tells you never to do may just work, once.
11. Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to keep things simple.
12. You shouldn’t blindly accept a leader’s advice. You’ve got to question leaders on occasions.
13. Quality brands never go bankrupt.
14. The quickest way to become a millionaire in the airline business is to start out as a billionaire.
15. Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.
So, from Team MissMalini, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sir Richard Branson! Hope you continue to thrill and inspire for years to come… :-)
Tags:Best Richard Branson quotesRichard Branson inspirational quotesRuchard BransonSir Richard BransonVirgin AtlanticVirgin GalacticVirgin MoneyVirgin Rail