So I must admit I was saving the best for last :) for the first three nights in Rio we ended up at the Mahiki pop-up bar created at the Copacabana Palace by CÎROC Ultra Premium Vodka as part of the Diageo Reserve World Class event. But this was no ordinary pop-up bar, it was a replica created by the owners of the original tiki bar in London with all the bells and whistles flown in from Europe! I made friends with bartender extraordinare, Georgi Radev (who’s originally from Bulgaria!), and proceeded to have a major blast there three nights in a row with pictures to prove it! :) xoxo
Hot Bar Chick, I loved your gold and silver nails, HOT!
Bar far one of the coolest things about Mahiki was the live percussionist and the creative cocktails. Seven new CÎROC signature serves premiered at the club, all masterminded by Mahiki’s trail-blazing bartenders, including;
1. CÎROC–o–LADA: The ultimate holiday cocktail! A Blend of CÎROC Coconut, coconut cream, fresh pineapple and lime served in a real pineapple.
2. CÎROC Mahiki Treasure Chest: The original pirate booty. CÎROC vodka, brandy and peach liqueur, shaken with lime and sugar and topped with lemonade. Served in a real treasure chest!
3. CÎROC Cabana Spring Punch: The perfect beach party cocktail! CÎROC vodka with elderflower and fresh lemon.
4. CÎROC–o–Nut Grenade: An explosion of taste, CÎROC Coconut mixed with passion fruit, lime, sugar and water served in a fresh ice cold coconut!
5. CÎROC on the Beach: Tropical twist on the classic. CÎROC vodka shaken with peach liqueur, pineapple and guava.
6. CÎROC Blood Orange: A match made in heaven, CÎROC and freshly squeezed blood orange juice.
7. CÎROC French Connection: An amazing mix of CÎROC, pineapple juice and the special French raspberry liqueur Chambord.
*This one was my fave!
Well aside from oodles of fun Mahiki in a traditional Polynesian themed tiki bar with tropical cocktails and island grill tapas. Mahiki was set up in 2005 by Nick House & Piers Adam with two goals in mind; amazing innovative cocktails and the most fun bar & club on the planet! The word “Mahiki” derives from a traditional one, meaning entrance to the underworld and as you enter into Mahiki you transport yourself to a Polynesian paradise! Above all, Mahiki is a fun, unpretentious please that serves the best cocktails in an original exciting format.
If you happen to be in London make sure you drop in and tell Georgi I said “Hi” :)
Psst! Perez Hilton’s had a party there last night! #justsaying great bloggers think alike?!
Tags:CirocDiageoGeorgi RadevMahikiMahiki LondonMahiki pop up barPerez HiltonPolynesian tiki barpop up barRioWorld Class