We have all faced that dilemma of what accessories to pair with our fabulous dress. Many a times a gorgeous LBD has been ruined thanks to the wrong shoe choice. Enter Anusha Lalwani - accessory designer, who is determined to put an end to this. On Saturday, she hosted a special Accessorizing 101 workshop to help those who are sartorially challenged.
Held at the cozy Nyassa Cafe in Khar, Lalwani took us through the basic tenets of accessorizing from Indian wear (a toughie!) to the dos and don’t at a corporate office (tip: Bright colours are a strict no!) I learned that one should never wear more than five accessories at a time, with earrings counting as two. Who would have thought?
Also to help her out was Karishma Sakhrani of Playground, who brought some of her delicious goodies from her label, (I scored an edgy stud statement necklace). She also demonstrated different ways to wear a scarf. (YouTube is a great teacher, she says) The event rounded off with personal consultations. So if you’re in the need of some styling SOS, I suggest you sign up for their monthly workshop sessions. I promise you won’t be disappointed. Check out what she has to say about accessorizing prints:
Psst! Sign up for your Daily Dose of Bollywood, Fashion & Lifestyle delivered directly to your inbox! MissMalini’s Daily Express: click here.
- Get This Look Make-Up: Aishwarya Rai’s Shimmery Lids
- Tusshar Kapoor to Launch His Own Production House
- Why YOU Love Barun Sobti! #CelebrityLoveFest
- Get This Look Make-Up: Sonam Kapoor is Pretty in Pink
- MTV to Sell Sexy Lingerie?
- Get This Look Make-Up: Freida Pinto’s Red Lips
- Has Ameesha Patel Over-Packed for Cannes?
- Lainey Lui Says Gossip Has an Eco-System!
- Win Exotic Wall Art by Krsna Mehta
- Bombay Talkies Goes to Cannes