Some of the most interesting shows at Lakme Fashion Week are jewelry shows simply because they are well styled and the trinkets can be quite unusual and breath-taking.
One of the shows I will be covering is Valliyan by Nitya, a non-conformist accessories label, founded by the young Nitya Arora.
Says Nitiya, ‘The Valliyan woman this season is a nouveau gypsy. She travels and wanders just like her thoughts. Adorning herself with jewels from head to toe, just like her mother and aunts taught her. From girlie innocence to sensual womanhood, her jewels guide her. They frame her face, hold her wrist, shape her belly and kiss her neck.”
“The Gold metal glitters and sways as she dances in the burning light. The sparkling gems, an extension of her deep, dewy eyes. The Enameled geometric patterns tell stories of the past and give her a sense of belonging. Her ornaments become her identity,” adds the designer.
Her show will be on 6th August, 2012, at 11:30a.m.
Sign up for your Daily Dose of Bollywood, Fashion & Lifestyle delivered directly to your inbox! MissMalini’s Daily Express: click here.
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen