Bollywood’s stars came out in full force to attend Fashion glossy Vogue’s Annual Beauty Awards. In it’s 3rd installment, the event honours the best of what beauty brands have to offer.
Winners were picked via a democratic panel that consisted of some of the best names in the skin, make-up, hair care and also a touch of glam via Bollywood such as Kanta Motwani, Nisha Jhaveri, Mickey Contractor, Nargis Fakhri and Sonali Bendre to name a few. The winners were finally unveiled in a glitzy ceremony at Taj Land’s End, Mumbai.
With a heady mix of the top brass of beauty brands, make-up artists and Bollywood stars, the event kick-started off with some bubbly and nibbles and then progressed to the actual awards ceremony where they unveiled August cover girl, superstar Kajol. But it wasn’t without a special message from friend Shah Rukh Khan, who spoke about her natural beauty and her effervescent personality that generated a lot of awws from the crowd. The brands that won big were L’Oreal, Kérastase, Chanel and Estée Lauder.
But it just wasn’t just shop talk, Bollywood was also honoured. Deepika Padukone won Beauty of the Year, Ileana D’Cruz won Fresh Face, Timeless Beauty was won by Kajol (my favourite Bollywood actress ever) and the Most Beautiful Man by Farhan Akhtar who’s wife Adhuna Akthar was quizzed about her husband and when asked what’s her favourite body part of his, remained surprisingly mum! The evening ended on a high note with some delectable food and a macaron tree which was a big hit among the guests (The coffee ones were to die for!) I’m still reeling from the array of beautiful faces around me. Pinch me someone.
Have you checked out the fashion that was on display here?If not sign up for the newsletter MissMalini’s Daily Express: click here.
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen
- Behind the Scenes: Alia Bhatt & Imtiaz Ali Shoot in Picturesque Kashmir for ‘Highway’
- A Week in the Life of MissMalini.com