Yes, you heard it here first! After going back and forth with choices for his leading lady, Sanjay Leela Bhansali has finally locked in on Kareena Kapoor as his heroine opposite Ranveer Singh. And the casting wasn’t an easy process at all! Here’s what went on behind the scenes and how SLB finally nabbed Bebo!
Sources reveal that Sanjay started this project keeping Kareena in mind, however when he realised she was giving them stress for the dates, he went to the press claiming he didn’t want to work with an actress who would be married by the release of his film! This upset Bebo who was still willing to consider the project. After which the Guzaarish director went to Priyanka Chopea and even auditioned her for the role. Not entirely happy with the result, his next choice was Deepika Padukone.
But since SLB is a major perfectionist he wasn’t convinced this was his girl either. It seems he spent sleepless nights worrying about the future of this project if he didn’t find the right leading lady for his modern day adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. A few days ago he reached out to Kareena again, apologising for his earlier behavior and checking if she was still willing to do the film.
Touched by his gesture, she finally agreed and is now confirmed to be part of the project. And there you have it! Aal Izz Well!
PS, remember there were reports that SLB kept Kareena on the mock-ups of Ram Leela, even when she was supposed to be out of the film? Guess positive thinking really does work wonders!
- MissMalini’s Had a Makeover!
- What Avataar Do You Prefer Vidya Balan In?
- Day 7: The Looks We Loved at Cannes
- Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar and #IPLHot Cricketers Enjoy a Foodie Night Out
- Singer Kailash Kher to Play Cricket?
- Shilpa Shetty Buys Her Son a Lamborghini!
- Exclusive: Sonam Kapoor Rocks 50′s Chic for a New Advertisement
- Mika Singh, Kailash Kher, Ram Sampath Are Graphic Fukrey’s
- Prateik’s Playing With Fire!
- La Bella Donna: Sonam Kapoor Oozes Sex Appeal