‘Black is beautiful so embrace it’ – that was the theme of Black Velvet, a collection of all-black garments by Sapna Bhavani and Sukriti Grover’s label, Sofake, at Lakme Fashion Week.
The collection gave a huge thumbs-down to the use of fairness creams and proclaimed loud and clear that you don’t need to be fair and white to be lovely.
We liked the black-on-black prints incorporated on structured forms, power-shoulder jumpsuits and vixen dresses in fabrics such as silk, velvet and jacquard, which helped build the sleek and structured bodies, accentuated by simple metal detailing such as eyelets and cut outs.
The use of see-through fabric helped to add a feminine touch to the range while a cape-like top injected an experimental spark. One of the most striking features of the collection was its distinct blend of Victorian prints with Asian concepts such as the Obe-belt.
Spotted at the show were singers Kailash Kher and Sona Mohapatra. Sapna styles them from time-to-time!
Watch the video here:
- Get This Look: Deepika Padukone in Alexander McQueen
- Hot or Not? Sonam Kapoor Does Androgyny
- Exclusive: Stylist Josie Paris on What it Takes to Make Women Dented, Painted and Ready
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Fab in Elie Saab!
- Priyanka Chopra is Part of the Educational Curriculum!
- “Salman Khan’s Advice Has Been Invaluable.” – Katrina Kaif
- Wanna See an Unbelievable Red Carpet Gown from Cannes?
- 7 Things Girls Will NEVER Tell You!
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab