Designer Swapnil Shinde has always been one of my favourites because of the edginess and quirkiness in his designs. This time however, his collection presented by DHL at Lakme Fashion Week, lacked the spark he’s legendary for.
I’m not saying that it wasn’t a good collection. I feel that he could have pushed the bounderies he set for himself a bit more to come up with silhouettes and accessories which were far more quirky than what was presented! But then again, that’s my personal opinion, entirely!
Inspired by Bollywood’s horror films of the 50’s and early 60’s Swapnil Shinde presented a collection called Frozen Fragility to match the DHL theme of ‘Speed’.
With silhouettes borrowed from the two eras, Swapnil had cinched waistlines, voluminous skirts, exaggerated sleeves and large prominent shoulder emphasis for the almost space age like creations in hues of black and ivory to various shades of slate and steel blue, blood red and sunflower yellow.
- Get This Look: Deepika Padukone in Alexander McQueen
- Hot or Not? Sonam Kapoor Does Androgyny
- Exclusive: Stylist Josie Paris on What it Takes to Make Women Dented, Painted and Ready
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Fab in Elie Saab!
- Priyanka Chopra is Part of the Educational Curriculum!
- “Salman Khan’s Advice Has Been Invaluable.” – Katrina Kaif
- Music From The Great Gatsby, Yay Or Nay?
- Wanna See an Unbelievable Red Carpet Gown from Cannes?
- 7 Things Girls Will NEVER Tell You!
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes