Rohit Khilnani (a former NDTV reporter) met Gagan Narang on a flight to Mumbai, and was obviously thrilled to see him. Gagan recently won the Bronze Medal in the Men’s 10m Air Rifle Event at the London 2012 Olympics, but for some reason did not receive any real welcome back in Mumbai. Infact, according to Rohit, some small-time film stars got more attention. Here’s what Rohit’s Facebook status reads:
We fly from Toronto to Mumbai. Some small time film stars who have done jack in life are sitting in business class. And then I spot Gagan Narang sitting wayyyyy behind with us (economy class passengers). Flight lands, people take photos with the actors at their airport and their baggage comes in no time and they leave. Gagan Narang stands in the economy class queue.. no one knows him (customs, immigration, crowd NO ONE) He waits with us at belt no 2 for his luggage for 45 mins! Me and two more people see him and take photos and congratulate him. Clearly he deserves better!!
Who Is Gagan Narang?
Gagan Narang is an ace Indian shooter, especially in Air rifle shooting, supported by the Olympic Gold Quest. He was the first Indian to qualify for the London Olympics. He won the Bronze Medal in the Men’s 10 m Air Rifle Event at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London with a final score of 701.1 on 30 July 2012.
Apparently, he was applauded on the plane when the crew announced he was on board, but there was no real welcome in Mumbai. As Rohit said – Gagan definitely deserves better.
- MissMalini’s Had a Makeover!
- What Avataar Do You Prefer Vidya Balan In?
- Day 7: The Looks We Loved at Cannes
- Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar and #IPLHot Cricketers Enjoy a Foodie Night Out
- Singer Kailash Kher to Play Cricket?
- Shilpa Shetty Buys Her Son a Lamborghini!
- Exclusive: Sonam Kapoor Rocks 50′s Chic for a New Advertisement
- Mika Singh, Kailash Kher, Ram Sampath Are Graphic Fukrey’s
- Prateik’s Playing With Fire!
- La Bella Donna: Sonam Kapoor Oozes Sex Appeal