When you meet Sourabh Kant Shrivastava, you’d never believe that this tiny, shy, soft-spoken boy would be a towering force in accessory design. His showing at the Talent Box at Lakmé Fashion Week blew me away, in more ways than one.
In a collection called Diplomatic Hunter, Sourabh used guns and firearms as recurring motifs in his prints, as metallic appliques on clothes, and in his accessories.
His futuristic range of accessories included some killer-looking cuffs, bangles, necklaces, chokers, shoulder pads, earrings and large statement pieces, such as head gear and embellished scarves. These were fashioned from Swarovski crystals, leather and acrylic. My favourite were the unique pieces created in the shape of clock-work wheels.
Quite frankly, I’m already looking forward to his showing next season (March 2012).
- MissMalini’s Had a Makeover!
- What Avataar Do You Prefer Vidya Balan In?
- Day 7: The Looks We Loved at Cannes
- Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar and #IPLHot Cricketers Enjoy a Foodie Night Out
- Singer Kailash Kher to Play Cricket?
- Shilpa Shetty Buys Her Son a Lamborghini!
- Exclusive: Sonam Kapoor Rocks 50′s Chic for a New Advertisement
- Mika Singh, Kailash Kher, Ram Sampath Are Graphic Fukrey’s
- Prateik’s Playing With Fire!
- La Bella Donna: Sonam Kapoor Oozes Sex Appeal