When you walk into the Tarun Tahiliani Couture Exposition your jaw just hits the ground. The first sight that greets you is a stunning peach lehenga embroidered with Swarovski crystals that took over 4,000 man hours to make. That’s the magic of the designer; his creations leave you speechless.
In its fourth edition, Tarun showcased sixty of his finest couture works at Mehboob Studios, Mumbai. The expansive area was the perfect place to see his collection up, close and personal.
As you move around the space you couldn’t help but admire the intricate details each outfit has, jewellery from Forevermark was handpicked by Tarun to complement his clothes. At a far corner, there was an intimate setting where nervous brides-to-be were consulting with his design team; while Tarun himself was flitting in and about, between interviews and consultations.
Another corner had a a little cubicle, where attendees were encouraged to take a baseball bat and hit a glass display which was filled with Tarun Tahiliani limited edition range of watches. (I tried, and I failed to even make a hairline crack!) The exhibition is a great idea to appreciate what Indian fashion has to offer, and I do hope more esteemed designers make the effort to do this. I managed to snag a small interview with him, watch below.
Do you love Tarun Thailiani? Even better do you own any of his creations? I would love to know!
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen
- Behind the Scenes: Alia Bhatt & Imtiaz Ali Shoot in Picturesque Kashmir for ‘Highway’
- A Week in the Life of MissMalini.com
- Photos: John Abraham, Kangna Ranaut, Anil Kapoor at the Shootout at Wadala Success Bash