A sad news item to report, famed fashion photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta has passed away in Mumbai from a heart attack. If you do not recognize his name, you’ll surely recall his iconic pictures. In the 1990s, Prabuddha was able to achieve success in Europe, making him a pioneer for future fashion photographers from India. In 1996, he took a bold move and published “Women“, a series of portraits of urban Indian women, some being nude More recently, his work with Lakshmi Menon as his muse was published in Vogue India on a number of occasions. We offer our deepest condolences to his family and friends. Here is a selection of his work.
- Get This Look: Deepika Padukone in Alexander McQueen
- Hot or Not? Sonam Kapoor Does Androgyny
- Exclusive: Stylist Josie Paris on What it Takes to Make Women Dented, Painted and Ready
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Fab in Elie Saab!
- Priyanka Chopra is Part of the Educational Curriculum!
- “Salman Khan’s Advice Has Been Invaluable.” – Katrina Kaif
- Wanna See an Unbelievable Red Carpet Gown from Cannes?
- 7 Things Girls Will NEVER Tell You!
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab