Back in May, we told you that America’s First Lady, Michelle Obama, favoured wearing designs by Mumbai-born Naeem Khan to various State occasions. And now it appears, another Indian designer is on her shopping list – Orissa’s Bibhu Mohapatra.
Last night, Michelle Obama was a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, along with Olympic gymnastics star Gabby Douglas. Mrs. Obama looked very chic wearing a sleeveless printed dress by Bibhu. The designer was naturally thankful and tweeted:
Mrs. Obama’s continuous fascination with Indian designers is quite inspiring. We only wish that our home-grown socialites would opt to wear more home-grown designers to Page3 events, rather than predictable foreign designer labels.
Our Indian designers have so much talent and so much to offer. It’s amazing that the wife of arguably the most powerful man in the world, seems to prefer them over American brands like DKNY, Calvin Klein, Oscar de la Renta or Ralph Lauren.
Don’t you agree?
- Get This Look Make-Up: Aishwarya Rai’s Shimmery Lids
- Tusshar Kapoor to Launch His Own Production House
- Why YOU Love Barun Sobti! #CelebrityLoveFest
- Get This Look Make-Up: Sonam Kapoor is Pretty in Pink
- MTV to Sell Sexy Lingerie?
- Get This Look Make-Up: Freida Pinto’s Red Lips
- Has Ameesha Patel Over-Packed for Cannes?
- Lainey Lui Says Gossip Has an Eco-System!
- Win Exotic Wall Art by Krsna Mehta
- Bombay Talkies Goes to Cannes