• Home > Malini's World > My Day as a Manish Malhotra Model!
    Comments

My Day as a Manish Malhotra Model!

Karena Laungani

MissMalini at IIJW

MissMalini at IIJW

Anmol at IIJW

Ishu Dattani of Anmol at IIJW

Oh My God, how fun was that! Looking back I remember a day filled with friendly faces, a daunting walk, a delightful designer and princess mode on full blast for about 30 seconds :) Here’s what it’s like getting to walk for the legendary Manish Malhotra choreographed by Lubna Adams bejeweled in Ishu Dattani’s Anmol emeralds and diamonds at India International Jewelry Week 2012. Check out my day in pictures (and tweets!), say hello to my fellow stylist/editor fashionistas who were so very warm and absolutely gorgeous themselves and tell me what you think of us landing up on ramp! Either way, I look forward to our next glass of wine together ladies :)
    PS. Big love to Surelee Joseph for teaching me the both-hands-on-hips-pose just before the show began, mwah! xoxo

The girls!

The girls!

IIJW

IIJW

Manish Malhotra's store

Manish Malhotra's store

(Psst!: The store is a must visit even just for a look at the Manish Malhotra bridal collection! Beautiful!)

IIJW backstage

Ranjit Rodricks, MissMalini and Achla Sachdev

Ranjit Rodricks, MissMalini and Achla Sachdev

IIJW

IIJW

MissMalini and friends

MissMalini and friends

Loads more pix here if you wanna see! :)

Aug 21 , 2012 11:22 pm

• Katrina Kaif Pulls Another Stunt!

• Who Is Game For a 3:00am Screening Of Rannvijay Singha’s Horror Movie 3 A.M.?

• 10 Disney Heroes Who Take Our Breath Away!

• #DesiGirlTraveler Goes to Spain: 24 Reasons YOU Need to Try 24K Living. Viva Valencia!

• 3 Massive Diet Mistakes We Don’t Know We Are Making!

• 5 Fabulously Quirky Ways To Style Your Ethnic Wear

18 thoughts on “My Day as a Manish Malhotra Model!”

1. shalini
      August 21, 2012 at 11:44 pm

wow…. ur a stunner !!!! Love Always !!!

2. Amruta Khatavkar
      August 21, 2012 at 11:59 pm

You look so stunning MM x

3. BhavikaL
      August 22, 2012 at 12:06 am

WOW!!! you are looking absolutely FAAAAAAAAAB! :D :D Im loving what your wearing! and your hair and your make up and ofcourse your jewellery <3 <3 <3

4. Zina Tasreen
      August 22, 2012 at 12:16 am

What a star, you!! Looking LOVELY, M :-)

5. Gooorgeous, Malini! I LOVE what you’re wearing and you look stunning :)

6. Khyati
      August 22, 2012 at 2:14 am

You look stunning, Miss Malini…its beautiful to see u dressed and taking to the ramp in India’s fav ( definitely mine ! ) fav designer’s creations. Happy for u ! you must write a blog on what you felt the entire day.. whether you slept well the previous night.. what you ate , preparations that go in a model walk… and all of that. would make a great read :) i for one, would certainly love to read.

7. Aww thank you all for the love ladies :) means a lot!

@Khyati! It was really fun :) And to be honest no butterflies because everyone was so sweet and encouraging, Lubna told us to wear a pleasant smile on our faces and walk down the middle of the ramp. Mostly to be ourselves and be confident! I’m sure professional models work out and diet regularly, I had my rice & chicken dinner!

PS. I love that Manish was on time and commended us for being as well, he said that since this is his job he has no excuse for being late either, fab attitude me thinks. xoxo

8. manjulika
      August 22, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Hi Malini–You are looking so gorgeous cant keep my eyes off you.No one can say you are walking the ramp as a novice.Love you loads.Such confidence and a lovely smile to go with it.Bravo—-

9. MARV D
      August 23, 2012 at 7:29 pm

YOu and ROBBIE!!!

10. Khyati
      September 2, 2012 at 1:58 am

@MissMalini ahh.. ok, thats wat it took :) thanks for ur honest and candid reply ! and u definitely made it look effortless and full on happening which u are ! :)
      And Manish is definitely a star designer, not bcos he designs for stars, but bcos of his non-starry attitude ! me taking notes as well .. afterall, u can learn from every person u look upto ! spl thanks for the PS :)

11. Marv, I know right?!!!! I thought of you the whole time :) xoxo

12. TAMANNA
      October 12, 2012 at 3:49 pm

OMG you luking absolutely stunning Malini…I wish i could spend this day with you…U just like a cracker(Pataka..)

• days