A three-course meal usually consists of an appetizer (soup/salad), the main course (larger portion) or entrée (smaller portion), and the dessert (sweet dish). During our stay in Hong Kong for the Visa Go Hong Kong Super Shopper 2012, we visited Pulp - an upscale bar for those who enjoy the finer things in life. The bartender, Gurung Dammarsing a.k.a. Dipen, was so kind to share with us some recipes of their Signature Cocktails. Presenting a three-course menu that is sure to stir up your Cocktail Spirit.
Aperitif: South of The Border
Expert Tip #1: Give your guests an option by rimming half of the glass with paprika salt and the other half with sugar – some people prefer sweet taste over spicy.
Entrée : Soul’tini
Expert Tip #2: Balance the sweet and sour taste of your cocktail by adding sugar syrup as well as lemon juice to your fresh fruit Vodka Martini.
Expert Tip #3: When you use egg white as an ingredient in the cocktail, make sure to shake it vigorously.
Dessert : Choco Melon
Expert Tip #4: A Martini glass is best when iced and refrigerated before you begin making the cocktail.
Expert Tip #5: A Bartender has to taste every cocktail, before serving to his guests, to ensure they are mixed correctly – just the way a Chef tastes his food!
Apart from these, we also had Mad Hatters Tea Party (Dragon Vodka, sour apple liqueur, blackberry jam, Earl Grey tea, and liquid nitrogen), as well as very yummie Crème brûlée Martini (Rum, hazelnut liqueur, chocolate liqueur, Baileys, crème brûlée syrup, milk, and cream, served with vanilla ice cream).
The Soul’tini was my favourite drink of the evening – the freshness of the strawberries and the lovely juices were just the perfect blend. I am definitely trying this one at home. (Hope it turns out half as good as Dipen’s.) Cheers!
Next time you’re in Hong Kong, be sure to visit Pulp! You can keep up with them on their facebook page.
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen