Deepa Mehta’s fervently-awaited Midnight’s Children finally premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on Sunday night, and most of the cast & crew strutted down the red carpet in traditional Indian garb. What caught my fancy, though, were these two, who cut impossibly dashing figures!! Come, check them out – and drool a little perhaps ;-)
Rahul Bose. *sigh* Just how elegant did he look in that bandhgala suit with a red pocket square? Very, non? The fit of the bandhgala jacket, the trouser length, the nicely polished shoes, the pop of colour by way of pocket square… Ahhhh, this is what near-perfection looks like!
And then there was Siddharth, who totally knocked it out of the ballpark with his pairing of a sherwani with… A DHOTI!! His, already fab, outfit had a nice pop of colour via a red pocket square, just like Rahul’s. But gotta say, I preferred Siddharth’s fold of the pocket square better: the neatly done peak stood tall, unlike Rahul’s rectangular fold which was sinking in to his pocket.
As much as I love Rahul and appreciate his sense of style, I’d pick Siddharth, for daring to try something different – and pulling it off! Agree with me?
P.S. And oh, giving these two stiff competition was the kurta-clad Canadian politician Justin Trudeau; I thought he looked mighty fine, non?
P.P.S. Here’s the poster & trailer of Midnight’s Children, if you haven’t caught it yet. It comes out on Shah Rukh Khan’s b’day 2nd November :-D
- Wanna See an Unbelievable Red Carpet Gown from Cannes?
- 7 Things Girls Will NEVER Tell You!
- Vote: Sonam Kapoor’s Red Carpet Looks at Cannes
- Get This Look: Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.