India has a rich history of textiles. In order to preserve that, the Sahchari Foundation is hosting a special exhibition at the Taj Mahal, Hotel on the 23rd of October called Amazing Yards.
Pick from the choicest textiles and readymade garments – from brocades of Benares (Varanasi) to kanchipuram silk from Tamil Nadu. Twenty-two designers will showcase their work, such as Anavila Mishra, Darshan Shah, Jyotika Jhalani, Malavika Chatterjee, Meera Kumar, Sally Holkar, Tyeb Khan, Pavithra Muddaya and Vani Polavaram amongst others.
The exhibition is dedicated to the soul of the ‘kaarigar’. The designers have been hand-picked for the exhibition owing to their involvement with keeping traditional textiles alive. They will showcase specially designed couture creations in silks, brocades, tussars, tie and dye, weaves and embroidered fabrics embodying styles from across the country.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MissMalini’s Had a Makeover!
- What Avataar Do You Prefer Vidya Balan In?
- Day 7: The Looks We Loved at Cannes
- Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar and #IPLHot Cricketers Enjoy a Foodie Night Out
- Singer Kailash Kher to Play Cricket?
- Shilpa Shetty Buys Her Son a Lamborghini!
- Exclusive: Sonam Kapoor Rocks 50′s Chic for a New Advertisement
- Mika Singh, Kailash Kher, Ram Sampath Are Graphic Fukrey’s
- Prateik’s Playing With Fire!
- La Bella Donna: Sonam Kapoor Oozes Sex Appeal