It’s yet another monumental loss for India (and the world) with the passing away of Pandit Ravi Shankar in San Diego last night. He was 92 years old. According to news reports, the sitar maestro (who was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1999, and is the recipient of three Grammy Awards), was hospitalized last week when he complained of breathing difficulties.
Watch one of his inspiring performances with his daughter, and see the reactions to his passing on twitter:
Ironically, both Pandit Ravi Shankar and his daughter Anoushka Shankar are nominated for a Grammy this year (2013), for Best World Music Album.
Here are some tweets, condoling his passing:
Team MissMalini sends our deepest condolences to the revered musician’s family, friends and fans around the globe.
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen
- Behind the Scenes: Alia Bhatt & Imtiaz Ali Shoot in Picturesque Kashmir for ‘Highway’
- A Week in the Life of MissMalini.com