Jackky Bhagnani seems to be going all out for his upcoming film Rangrezz! His character in the film comes from Lalbaug, and to keep things completely authentic, the folks behind the film managed to rope in the actual dahi handi team for one of their song sequences. It turns out that the Lalbaugcha Raja organizing committee has been asked several times if the original team could be used for films, but they’ve always declined – so what made them agree to Jackky’s request?
According to TOI, the trustee of Lalbaugcha Raja said: “Jackky is a devotee and has been coming here since childhood. We are very happy to make this association. Our boys were also excited to shoot this sequence. We all feel that this will prove auspicious for the film.”
The committee was already familiar with Jackky since he makes it a point to go there every year, and therefore they agreed to lend the boys for the sequence after a lot of convincing on Jackky’s part.
Therefore, as a promotional venture, Jackky performed with the dahi handi team at Lalbaugcha Raja to songs from Rangrezz, and it looks like he had a good time, doesn’t it? Check out some more pictures!
Pix: Yogen Shah for MissMalini.
- Ishkq in Paris is Inspired by Preity Zinta’s Life
- Exclusive: Vijay Verma & Raghav Sachar’s Cannes Photo Diary II
- Sonakshi Sinha Takes Lessons from Salman Khan!
- 10 Things to Look Out for in The Reluctant Fundamentalist
- Shankar Mahadevan Pledges to Fight Malnutrition
- Photos: Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Get Close Up.
- The Anatomy of Luck. (And How to Get Laid!)
- Get This Look: Shaheen Abbas in ASOS and Alexander McQueen
- Behind the Scenes: Alia Bhatt & Imtiaz Ali Shoot in Picturesque Kashmir for ‘Highway’
- A Week in the Life of MissMalini.com