- About Us
- SEND US A TIP
- SUBSCRIBE TO DAILY NEWSLETTER
- Switch to Blog View
The Dhoom 3 trailer launch was held yesterday at an event in Mumbai, and as you can expect, everyone was looking forward to watching it. More than that, I think everyone was excited to know more about the film, since there’s barely anything that has been divulged at all. While Aamir Khan and Abhishek Bachchan did remain relatively tight-lipped about some aspects of the story, they opened up about a lot of other things – and we noted down those for you! Here are 13 things the cop-and-thief duo told us at the trailer launch.
1. “Katrinaji kahan hai… iss waqt main aapko bata nahin sakta. Woh ek secret hai.” Of course the first question asked at the press conference was where the rest of the cast was. Aamir said Uday was in LA currently, but wouldn’t mention Katrina’s location, claiming it was a secret.
2. “Mard ko dard nahin hota, madam.” As you can see, Abhishek had his hand in a cast during the event, which prompted people to ask what happened to him. Turns out, he’s torn a tendon in his elbow, but says that it’s nothing serious and he’ll be fine. Because, you know, mard ko dard nahin hota and all that :)
3. “Koi strategy nahin hai!” Of course, a lot has been written about what plans Aamir Khan has for the promotions of this film, especially considering that he’s known to be quite the marketing genius. Aamir acknowledges that there have been many rumours, but says he has no strategy – “if you’ve enjoyed the promo, you’ll come watch the film” is his explanation. However, when pressed on whether they are thinking of for new marketing tactics, he vaguely replies, “let’s see what happens.”
4. “I hope I have creative differences in every film that I do.” When asked whether the rumours of him having creative differences with Aditya Chopra are true, Aamir says he hopes he has them in every film. “But nothing major,” he goes on, “I think Yash Raj is a great production house; I’m really enjoying working with them. They’re very passionate about the films they do, they know the business really well, they know marketing really well. So it’s a great experience working with Adi and his entire team.”
5. “Dhoom 3 will be Aamir’s biggest and most memorable film.” Abhishek said that Aamir has really pushed the envelope with this one, and although he’s done some great films in the past, he thinks this one will be the biggest and most memorable.
6. “I don’t want people to feel I’m playing a black-and-white villain.” It’s going to be Aamir Khan’s first negative character, but the actor still claims that it’s not your typical villainous character. He says he’s not the kind of villain that does only bad things, and there are apparently reasons behind his actions. Dhoom 3, we’re told, is a lot more ‘emotional’ than the previous films in the franchise.
7. “I’ve named Abhishek and Uday, Yajood-Majood.” Aamir says that he had great fun working with both Abhishek and Uday, and even named them both Yajood and Majood. When asked to explain, he said, “When I was young, my mother used to tell me that there are two angels that sit on your shoulders. Whenever you’d want to do something wrong, one would say ‘don’t do it, it’s not right’, while the other would say, ‘go ahead, you only have one life, do what you want.’ So they’re both Yajood-Majood, Uday and Abhishek. Uday is the innocent one – it’s the complete opposite from the film, where Abhishek is the innocent one.”
8. “In his usual cool style, he [Amitabh Bachchan] said, ‘Saw the promo. Awesome.’” When asked for his father’s first reaction to the trailer, Abhishek said his father told him it was awesome – which prompted the journo to ask whether that was his only response. His reply? “From him, awesome is a lot! You don’t hear that everyday.”
9. “Since Yash uncle is not with us anymore, Adi is keeping the tradition alive.” Abhishek said that when the trailer for Dhoom was first made, Yash Chopra called Amitabh Bachchan especially to Film City to watch it, making him the first person to see the trailer. The same also happened with Dhoom 2, so now Aditya has kept the tradition alive by inviting Big B to watch the first look of Dhoom 3 as well.
10. “I saw Amjad Khan and I jumped on him and started beating him up.” When asked for his favourite villain, Abhishek shared a hilarious story about Amjad Khan. He said he went on sets when Amitabh Bachchan and Amjad Khan were shooting for Naseeb, and there he started beating Amjad Khan up. The reason? The previous night, he watched Barsaat Ki Ek Raat, in which the two fought. “Mujhe bahut bura laga, ki yeh mere pitaji ko mar rahe hai. So I started fighting with him!”
11. “Aaradhya and Aamir are very pally.” When asked whether Aaradhya will one day beat up Aamir after watching Dhoom 3, Abhishek said no. According to him, Aaradhya and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan paid them a visit while they were shooting in Chicago, and Aamir spent an evening with Aaradhya there. They got along very well, so Abhishek doesn’t expect anything of the sort to happen.
12. “Aamir Khan is like a child on sets.” Abhishek related another funny story, where Aamir called him after he was narrated the script of Dhoom 3. Aamir was exclaiming about how much he loved the script and Abhishek’s character, except that at that time Abhishek hadn’t heard the script and didn’t even know Dhoom 3 was getting made! “He went into a discussion about my character, and I had no clue what he was talking about. I think this is the first time I’m telling him about this! I managed to pull this off, but it was so wonderful for Aamir to call – it shows his enthusiasm for what he does.” He then claimed that Aamir was like a child on sets, because he was inquisitive, always played pranks, and kept on having discussions.
13. “Dhoom 3 is probably the toughest character I’ve played in my career so far.” When quizzed whether he thinks this is the hardest role he’s had to do, Aamir agreed, saying he thinks he can honestly call it the toughest character he’s had to play.
Now that you’ve read it all, watch it all here!
Pix: Khyati Gandhi and Yogen Shah for MissMalini
Tags:Aamir KhanAbhishek BachchanDhoom 3