Minali Thakkar (Arts Head, for Celebrate Bandra) had the pleasure of playing tour-guide to Imran Khan around her installations made using trash. (IK, as I mentioned, has been busy shooting for “I Hate Love Stories” up in New Panvel but always makes time for stuff he believes in, gotta love that.)
Minali’s live, interactive installations follow the theme of the festival “Go Green” created with a group of artists or “Eco Warriors” At the preview yesterday, Minali has conceptualised three larger than life installations which were further added onto by artists and visitors including actor Imran Khan.
Big ups to the Eco Warriors! Reena Kallat, Nilesh Kinkle ,Palak Rawal , Swapnil Pednekar, Sandeep Paradkar, Akshay Rajapurkar, Pratap More, Gautam Patole, Nirakar Machhoya, Milind, Greenwill, Vinit Bhatt and Shilpa Gupta
Stuff to watch out for:
1. Say no to plastic; an eleven floor high installation At MET Near Lilavatai hospital; featuring a waterfall made from plastic Bisleri bottles.
2. Paint the Mount Mary steps; A unique canvas the verticals of the stairs will have a visual impact as a rare canvas to work on. A public interactive event where everyone’s invited to paint but under artistic supervision (hello wall project peeps its time to break out the paintbrushes again!)
3. Courier Services as art; Prints of five artists will be attached to all couriers leaving Bandra during the Festival. The receiver gets this perforated artwork to detach and keep (get someone to send you a package during the festival!)
4. Cop Art; Bandra police will soon enjoy the use of color and the therapeutic nature of art in their resting rooms!
5. Art installations in Shoppers Stop; while you listen to my voice on the in store Radio!
6. Kids to paint; the walls of St Stanislaus School
7 Video art; by Shilpa Gupta (shadows installation)
8. A dead tree that comes to life; with vows written on green paper leaves, make a promise to reduce your carbon footprint.