Since I’m currently on a bus (with free WiFi) on my way to NYC I figured I’d blog a bit. Boston has been a blast so far, apart from the fact that yesterday was a generally sh*tty gloomy day we still managed to run a few errands all over town, have breakfast at Au Bon Pain and hit up Old Navy, Express & H&M (Yes Andy, I’m slumming it now so I can burn that hole in the plastic on Fifth Avenue in NYC!) before landing at Spice Thai for dinner. I think I’ve told you why I’m here right? My boyfriend is graduating (from Harvard Business School aka HBS, yup he’s a smarty pants) and so I plan to spend most of next week trying to figure out what makes the academic crème de la crème tick and if they care what they wear :) But for starters here are some things I learned from my first night out when we hit up Tommy Doyle’s for drinks.
1. Boston shuts down at 1:30am (just like Mumbai, only they’re a lot more official about it)
2. Everyone is either watching baseball or basketball in all the bars
3. They serve tequila in the same glass they serve a gin & tonic (that’s a big ass tequila shot)
4. Some HBS sections have stuffed animal mascots (that they in turn kidnap and torture)
5. If you have a deep fryer your place is going to be a pretty popular choice for the after party
Oh and this weekend I’m off to NYC to do Empire State of mind things and um… meet the parents. Yup :) This is also why I plan to wear a sari to graduation (Anita Dongre no less) playing it safe you see! I will keep you posted on my shenanigans (and check out a new roof top bar called Press Lounge, at Ink48 Hotel 653 11th Ave (at 48th St) New York tomorrow night (while my peeps back home hit up Aer at the Four Seasons) this way I’ll know we’re all at least staring up at the same stars *sniff* I miss you Mumbai, have a shot for me.