I’ve always loved the idea of being able to whip up a fancy looking cocktail at home by simply pulling out random ingredients from my fridge. I think I finally can now thanks to my super cool Smirnoff Mixology Kit and a few priceless lessons from Kenji Jesse, our mixologist extraordinaire. Watch the video to see how I concocted my very own cocktail called the MasalaMalini (the recipe of which will remain a secret till I perfect it however lol) and of course a few priceless tips I learned from the master mixologist himself!
1. Jam is an awesome base for your cocktail since most yummy cocktails tend to be fruity. Just throw in a couple spoonfuls and you’ve got your key ingredients: fruit and sugar!
2. Use lots of ice.
3. Pour about 4 seconds of Vodka for one drink.
4. Never point the glass end of your cocktail shaker at the person you’re making a drink for, if it comes apart they’ll be wearing their cocktail instead of drinking it!
5. Always taste your creation. If you dip in a straw while holding the top end closed you’ll create enough of a vacuum to sample your drink. Pure physics :)
6. Practice a cool party trick and impress your guests. The one I learned involves a bit of orange peel and a lighter (watch my video to see what happens!)
7. And finally, don’t be afraid to experiment. Think of the flavors you like, mix em together and invent a new recipe!
Since Canada and India exchanged nightlife it was only fitting that they bring over one of their classic cocktails. The Moscow Mule but with a twist!
40ml of Smirnoff Vodka
10ml jaggery sugar syrup
2 fresh wedges of lime
Fill your glass with cubed ice before pouring in all the liquid ingredients. Squeeze your fresh lime on top and stir well to mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!
Psst! For a complete run-down of recipes for the 14 Smirnoff Moscow Mules and her take on the session check out Lola’s blog here!