I guess the Beatles were right when they sang ‘All You Need is Love’, because the majority of people in my life seem to be whistling a catchy tune while happily skipping down the path toward moving in together, marriage, and even parenthood. I even had to skip my normal Thursday deadline for this blog in order to not spoil a HUGE surprise. This Friday is all about ways to spread the love…
1. Heart Attack someone. Every Valentine’s Day, my mom will fill any and everything she comes in contact with full of cut out hearts. I reused last year’s cut outs when I visited my sister in order to show her my gratitude for being a wonderful hostess. That’s correct, I show my thanks and love by leaving little hearts scattered everywhere!
2. One of my favorite things to make is a Candy Bar Poster. Thanks to years of practice, I have mastered the art of using candy bars to aid in card and poster making. When else do you get a chance to make fun of someone’s ‘Butterfinger’ or use the term ‘Big Hunk’? Rule of thumb: Always try to figure out your sayings first to avoid multiple trips to the candy shop. Oh, do not forget to buy yourself an extra treat or two. You deserve it!
3. Send flowers to their office for a little public embarrassment and lots of ‘awwww’ moments. Not unique in any way, shape or form, but guaranteed to put a smile on the recipient’s face. I would suggest avoiding roses, especially red and pink, and choosing something more lively such as tiger lilies or sunflowers.
4. One of the cutest text messages I have ever received instructed me to check my doorstep as soon as I woke up. Much to my surprise, I found a huge basket full of all my favorite brunch food along with a bottle of champagne. Between the massive amounts of food and the great mood I was in, how could I not throw an impromptu brunch at home with the girls?
5. Find out what is really important in someone’s life and devise a plan around it. Other than RedBull, our favorite lady MissMalini adores her friends and family. When the time came to propose, her wonderful, new fiancée knew just what would make the special night even better… invite all their friends to surprise the newly engaged couple (or one half rather). Hats off to her wonderful fiancée for putting together an unforgettable night celebrating love. Sending you heaps of love and wonderful wishes! Congratulations!!