So I’m in Goa for the lovely Irish couple Paul McGlade Jnr and Caoilinn Taylor’s wedding (pix coming soon) this week at Marbela Beach Resort but here’s the juice on the Lara Dutta – Mahesh Bhupati wedding (remember I told you they were getting hitched?) After a registered marriage at Mahesh’s house in Khar on Thursday two days of intense partying with family, close friends (and NO press) included a sangeet at Club Fresh, Candolim (where Bhupati shook a leg to “Dus Bahane” and “Crazy kiya re” in a Manav Gangwani chudidaar. Lara wore a Gangwani designed orange and gold lehenga, and an uncut diamond necklace with a maang teeka created by Anmol Jewellers. Apparently Bhupati chose 10 songs to jiggle to while Lara danced to a medley of 12, including “Munni badnaam hui”, “Sheila ki jawaani” and “desi girl”! They even did a duet on “Zoobi Doobi” cute that they finally sealed the deal with a kiss at the ceremony :)
Psst! Loved Bhupati’s cheeky tweets on Twitter lol.
Spotted: Vijay Amritraj, Leander Paes & Rhea Pillai, Somdev Devvarman, Rohan Bopanna, Riteish Deshmukh, Riteish Deshmukh, Raveena Tandon & Anil Thadani, Boman Irani, Bikram Saluja, Gangwani, Akki Narula even Roger Federer was there! What, no Dino Morea or Kelly Dorji? *mmmph*
– Apart from the star performances, DJ Whosane spun all night along with a special dhol band
– The couple flew down a Californian acrobatic group, Lucien Dossier for the sangeet, which went on till about 4 am.
– Premium wines and champagne flowed freely and the cuisine was primarily Pan-Asian and also included sushi and Goan specialities.
– After the registered marriage at their new Khar home, which Bhupathi reportedly bought for Lara after their engagement last September, the couple also had a Catholic wedding at the Sunset Point, Taj Aguada on Saturday afternoon. (Lara wore an Elie Saab gown and matched it with an elegant diamond necklace and earring set, Bhupathi wore a black tuxedo by an international designer for their Saturday celebrations.
– The entire place was done up in Victorian theme as Dutta wanted the venue to be adorned with crystal lamps, candles, lace and pretty bows.-
– The celebrations continued with a grand reception, which started off with the bride’s father, retired wing commander LK Dutta, raising a toast to his daughter and son-in-law.
– Later, Lara revealed how she was surprised when Bhupathi popped the question with a ring last September. Bhupathi’s speech was short and sweet when he said: “It was great to celebrate the wedding with our families and friends. We thank everyone for making it here.”
P.S. Mr. & Mr.s Bhupati can you pretty please verify how much of this is true? xoxo