I had the pleasure of sampling two kinds of Kimaya wines last night Kimaya Moscato & Kimaya Sparkling – the four bottles were uncapped by Shahazan Padamsee, Kunal Kapoor, Rocky S. and Shane & Falguni Peacock at Trilogy, Sea Princess in Juhu as Pradeep & Neha Hirani of Kimaya and Jatin Virmani of Global Wines & Spirits played host. Personally I loved the sparkling red (first time I’ve tried one in fact) and was rather amused by their energetic sommelier, Magandeep Singh, when I asked if the desert wine had a hint of honey in it he responded with a cheeky, “not now honey, don’t call me that in public!” to which the Pradeep Hirani and Jatin Virmani belted out an extraordinary hearty laugh like they’d never heard anything funnier. Ever. Now that was funny :)
All in all very easy wines to drink (aka you’ll drink a lot before you realize its gone to your head, my favorite kind!) More pix here.
Spotted: Nisha Jamwval, Ashish Raheja (ooh he’s back!), Krishika Lulla, Narendra Kumar Ahmed, Neeta Lulla, Meeta Mulchandani, Kim Jagtiani, Bhagyashree (pretty in pink!), Tarana Raja, Vikram Bawa, Anu & Basab Paul, Sonu Sood, Shekhar & Alka Suman, Poonam Dhillon, Vikram Bawa, Parvez Damania, Anaida, Rina Shah, Reshma Merchant, Meera Mahadevia, Pooja Bedi and Shantanu Nikhil.
What’s that Wine Called Again?
Kimaya Chardonnay 2010
· Appealing citrus aromas with nuances of candied fruits, almond paste, lime leaf, and a floral touch to finish.
· Gripping expressive palate with fruity sweetness, green-fruit-peel notes, and subtle acidity.
· A fresh, youthful, summer wine.
Kimaya Shiraz 2010
· Nice deep robe with fresh spices on the nose with plenty of fruit, berry jam, and currants
· Appealing light palate with notes of cherries, cranberries, quince & black pepper.
· Chewable young tannins provide a sense of balance along with controlled alcohol and refreshing acidity.
· The finish is marked by mulberries and strawberries. Light, playful, and delectable.
Kimaya Sparkling 2010
· Frizzanté style Shiraz, this is a rare commodity! Nice aroma of roses, violet, candied plums, touch of spices, and bit of earthy complexity.
· Jammy, juicy, berry fruits, and prunes along with tad sweetness is a treat on the palate.
· A well crafted structured mouth feel that completes the wine and makes it hard to put down.
Kimaya Moscato 2010
· Bright hue with tingling effervescence to begin with.
· Aromas filled with fresh sweet fruits, orange marmalade, passion fruit, and grapefruit.
· Super light with a good sense of balance with perfumed and floral notes.
· The best point of depart for someone who is not enthralled by wines yet.