MissMalini.com just added a few new fashionistas to the blogging crew over the weekend and you’ll be seeing their work very soon, Serena Vora (who’s name will forever remind me of Gossip Girl!) has just joined the ranks to blog about Hollywood/Bollywood and however the twain shall meet, here’s her first piece! Welcome aboard :) xoxo
If you thought the Aishwarya Rai – Abhishek Bachchan wedding in 2007 caused a stir amongst the media and fans alike, get ready for the world’s most awaited event since the nuptials of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. On April 29, 2011 an estimated 2 billion people will watch commoner Katherine Middleton finally exchange vows with the future king of England, at the grand Westminster Abbey. After eight years and much speculation Prince William finally popped the question (post getting the nod of approval from Kate’s father and the Queen) with Princess Diana’s 18 Carat blue sapphire and white diamond ring. We’ll be giving you ALL the updates of the anticipated marriage but here’s what you need to know for now:
1. The United Kingdom has declared the day of the wedding a public holiday.
2. At 29, Kate will be the oldest royal bride in history; Princess Diana was 20 when she married Prince Charles.
3. The Daily Mail recently released an unofficial guest list of the wedding which includes David & Victoria Beckham, Guy Ritchie along with exes of the bride and groom. Those who haven’t made it to the list include Barack and Michelle Obama; Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and French Prime Minister Nicolos Sarkozy and his wife Carla.
4. No official word on who will be designing Kate’s dress even though initial reports stated Sarah Burton, Creative Director Alexander McQueen had been chosen and given the British connection it does make sense.
5. Kate is truly a 21st century girl and will be the first British Queen with a college education.
6. Hotels across England are gearing up for the royal nuptials by offering special Royal packages and festivities.
7. There are very strong rumours that if Prince William becomes King of England he will in fact be the last monarch, people will most likely be protesting for the abolishment of the monarchy at the wedding itself.
8. Unlike her Princess Diana who traveled by horse drawn carriage to her wedding, Kate will be arriving at Westminster Abbey in a Rolls Royce.
9. People all over the world are going all out to make sure everyone gets to be part of the big day by owning a commemorative royal wedding souvenir. From the official royal wedding china to Prince William and Kate Middleton shaped tea bags to GE’s unique royal refrigerator.
10. News reports claim Sandip Soparrkar and wife Jesse Randhawa are performing a combination of the English Waltz and Bollywood
dancing at the reception.