Someone actually asked me to write a blog about this and I thought it would be fun to do it this way; with a little help from my friends :)
So I asked them two questions: Guys from you I need the biggest challenges you face when trying to talk to a girl in Mumbai and experiences that have led you to crash and burn/also those that worked the best. Girls from you I’d like your top Do’s and Don’ts for guys. What do you find attractive (or not) about a guys approach especially when its a stranger at a club. A funny/sweet incident of one such interaction/if any. Ready for the ugly truth?
1. Introduce yourself. You are a lot less likely to be referred to as Mr. Creep Guy if there is a proper introduction.
2. Use a handshake. If you are a complete stranger and we have no mutual friends there is probably no reason for a kiss on the cheek buddy.
3. Break the ice. There’s nothing worse than when there is dead silence after an introduction.
4. Ask the girl what and if she’d like to have a drink. It’s much easier to accept a drink once you’ve seen the bartender pour it with your own eyes.
5. Silly pick up lines are funny. Even if they don’t work, they will leave the girl with a good laugh and story.
6. Smile. It’s adorable.
1. Tell me who your daddy is or how much you make.
2. Stare for prolonged periods then approach. Creepy.
3. Ask me how long I am traveling for.
4. Use “do you speak English” as your opening line aka guy at XXX launch and later at Trilogy *lol*
1. Play it cool, don’t seem desperate. A simple, “hey my name is _____, what your name?” as an intro line works, then have a 5min convo and leave!!!
2. Try and give her a little info about yourself in this time basics like where your from; line of work etc.
3. Find a common topic to bitch about helps (ex: crib about poor service at the bar, something very neutral and not personal.)
4. If you really like her, ask her out for a coffee at the end of the night (that’s if your sure your never gonna see her again) if you know you have common friends and will bump into her sooner than later then you can wait till you meet her next.
5. Pay some attention and notice what she is like, what drink does she drink, how she dresses; tells you a lot about what kind of person she is. In Mumbai however girls always go out with a group of guy friends so make sure you approach her when she is away from the group for sometime.
6. BE CHIVALROUS. Goes a long way… women like to feel protected and show her a glimpse of that, maintain enough distance when your having a convo please do not stick to us.
7. Smell good.
1. The one thing that Indian men do at clubs or bars is stare at you like idiots and will not come up and speak to you. I hate that… I think its pretty easy to tell when a girl likes you and is looking at you. Please grow some balls and actually go and introduce yourself to her in a decent non-creepy way.
1. Don’t be afraid of rejection, its a part of life if a girl doesn’t in fact wanna know you more that does not mean something is wrong with u maybe you’re just not her type, so brush it off and move on to the next!
When a guy comes across as a true gentleman. Speaks eloquently, lights your cigarette and doesn’t intrude on your personal space. Tall, dark, handsome and just a little bit broody!! :)