Hi Miss Malini Peeps,
So Miss Malini asked me to write this after my last article. I was surprised at the reactions on Twitter, and how the Bebobots directed their tweets at MissMalini. For the record, that was my article, and I was a bit surprised at the reactions, both in favour and against Kareena Kapoor. So to appease all parties, here are the top 3 reasons to love/love to hate Kareena.
1) The fact she has a good variety of roles, from feisty village belles (think Jab We Met), to villains (Fida), few actresses’ resumes can compare to Kareena’s.
2) She is a good actress, and puts in a lot of effort into her roles, whether it is the over the top, annoying “Poo” (Karan Johar, what were you thinking with that name!) in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, or the title character in Chameli.
3) Maarjani Maarjani! You all know I, along with others, loved Billu Barber (while it may have been too simple for some of your high refined tastes), and this song was a highlight! In my opinion, this is the BEST song picturized on Kareena, and she did this pro bono for Shah Rukh Khan.
1) Her constant on-set (and off-screen) tiffs, especially with co-stars like Priyanka Chopra and Bipasha Basu. Can’t Bollywood actresses just get along?
2) Kareena Kapoor’s self congratulatory style in interviews (but you already knew that!)
3) When she is an over-glammed Barbie in some movies (Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham/Kambakkht Ishq/Tashan), and her whole ‘Size Zero” phase. She looks much better in roles where she has minimal makeup and is not a toothpick (like in Dev). Not to mention how wearing a bikini has become an unnecessary rite of passage for all Bollywood actresses these day!
So MissMalini readers, can you think of some other reasons to both “like” and “dislike” Kareena Kapoor? I also feel I have written enough about Kareena, but I may do this style of article for another Bollywood actress/actor if you guys want (recommendations, anyone?)