Team MissMalini loves real girls in real fashion, which is why I love this series we’ve started! Here are Sherry Shroff’s fashion faves! xoxo
Favourite Outfit: My favorite outfit keeps changing, right now it’s this lovely multicolored maxi skirt that I team with a vest and some accessories…
My Style: I’m quite a mood dresser. Some days I like to look classic and there are times when I’m quite bohemian. I like to experiment with different looks and styles, I think you should have fun with fashion and not be rigid. I also love my jeans and flip-flops, can’t live without them! My Havaianas have traveled the world with me!
My style Tip:
(1) Different Jeans
Move on from your skinnies and try some thing different like boyfriend jeans. My favourite are my ripped boyfriend jeans or jodhpuri jeans or jeans that look like joggers with elastic on the bottom.
I absolutely love this trend. I have everything from neon jewelery to nail paint. On my last holiday I ended up buying neon shades and a neon bag. I love love love my neon orange jelly sandals which were a gift from my boyfriend.
(3) The Blazer
Every girl must have a blazer in her wardrobe, I have a few but these 2 are my favorites (above). If you don’t own a blazer I suggest you get a basic black because you can team it with a lot of different things. I love to roll up my sleeves and team it with jeans and a gangee with a statement necklace or broach.
(4) Bright & Funky ShoesI love bright colored footwear in different styles my current favourite is this project 1 pair by FINSK (below). I love shoes and can never have enough!!! Each time I go on holiday I end up coming back with at least 3-4 pairs. That’s why I was soo excited when MissMalini invited me to the shoe party!!!
(5) Statement Jewellery
I love to buy statement pieces that are different and can dress up any outfit. You will rarely see me with out any jewelry, I love to accessorize my outfit. I usually wear a necklace but I also love cuffs and rings.
(6) Sexy Indian WearLately I love wearing Indian outfits to weddings and I think we all need a few whether we like them or not. But I don’t wear any boring sarees or salwars. I like to design my own blouses and Indian outfits. I picked up this lengha saree in Surat and had my tailor stitch my cool backless blouse. I also like to try different things like this kaftan which is hassle free. You just slip it on over your jeans and your good to go.
(7) ShadesI have over 20 pairs of shades, I love old vintage sunglasses and bright colors. Shades can make such a difference, they can dress up a dull outfit or cover those ugly dark circles you got while partying last night. I have all sorts of frames black, colored, aviators.(8)
Funky BagsI’m sure you have already figured out that I like all things bright and big, everything had to make a statement! I usually, during the day, use a nice big bag that can hold my whole world in it and at night I use small bags and clutches. But again nothing boring or basic, they are stripped, printed and bright!
(9) WatchesEvery girl must own a few watches that go with different outfits. Ever since I’ve been signed on as a brand ambassador for Casio I just cant get enough of them. I like to team my watches with wrist bands and bracelets.
(10) Swim WearYou must have an amazing swim suit that works for your body and reflects your personality and style . I have about 20, so when I’m on holiday I take a few so I’m never bored. This one is my latest addition, I bought it online from Victoria’s Secret.
(11) Rain WearLiving in a city like Mumbai where we have rain for 3 months of the year, you must invest in a great rain coat. It keeps you dry and stylish. This trench coat by
Sonya Vajifdaralways turns heads when you wear it.