The Detroit Auto Show is held every year in Detroit’s Cobo Center, which happens to also be home to the State of Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. The hall (no really, it’s actually in a long hall) commemorates some of the all time greats of Michigan sports. Here are some of my (unintentionally) hilarious favourites:
1) Sucks to be you, “Heinie“. Good thing you weren’t the team’s catcher or this would be downright pornographic.
2) As the old Detroit Tigers saying goes, “where there’s Heinie, there’s bound to be Dick.” Or something like that.
3) Michiganders were downright cruel in the 1950s. But at least they gave good ol’ “Hunchy” a plaque. Wish I could say the same for his teammates Toothy, Cleft-lip, and Hooknose. Those guys got screwed.
4) Joseph “Joe” Joseph. No one said Michiganders were a creative bunch. But man can they bowl!
5) Ok, I take it back. Wahoo Michigan!