Please welcome the absolutely stunning Lisa Haydon as our latest guest celebrity blogger, she’s looking smoking hot as Sher Singh’s new brand ambassador and has offered to help solve some of your fashion dilemma’s via MissMalini.com too! For now, check out a few of her style tips xoxo
1. You can never go wrong with navy blue or black. no matter what your shape or skin color these are two colors that always look sophisticated and flattering.
2. Show off your shoulders and back. Baring skin need not always be vulgar. In fact it is beautiful when a woman wears tops, blouses or dresses that are one shoulder, off shoulder or straight cut across the chest or low dipping at the back (some people can wear low dipping backs cuz we need bras! Me too sometimes… shhh). Shoulders are always beautiful and never inappropriate to bare if you are large or small. Culturally, always chic and elegant. No woman has ugly shoulders either. It’s the one body part that is practically impossible to be overweight on too! It’s always in fashion to show off your shoulders.
3. Invest in one long gold chain that you can wear around your neck wrapped 2 or 3 times, or it can double up as a bracelet if wrapped around your wrist multiple times. I have one which I carry in my handbag all the time and it frequently saves an outfit for me.
4. Mix your clothes up! For example wear a girly dress or a formal blazer with converse sneakers. Think of ways you can mix up your message in your clothes. A dress shows innocent femininity while converses show a rugged sporty boyishness. It makes for an interesting personality statement. See what you can come up with that displays different sides to your personality. It’s fun. Or a leather jacket or tracksuit jacket with a frilly skirt and boots for a biker ballerina look. Different garments send out different personality messages so mix it up to describe your versatile personality best! Right now I’m going through an ethnic/rock/gypsy phase.
5. Invest in 2 good strapless bras… a nude colored one and a black one. You can get great strapless bras at La Senza. This will assist you in bearing those shoulders! :-) It’s also a sure bra to go well under almost any outfit.
6. As a rule for shopping, I often buy simple silhouettes in beautiful fabrics and change them around with various accessories. Accessorize well to add your POV to an outfit. This way you can also wear and re-wear your clothes many times but it will always look different.
Follow @HaydonLisa on Twitter for more on her fabulous life! xoxo