Who is your fashion icon – Alexa Chung
Who is your favourite designer – Lisa for Sher Singh, Isabel Marant, Sass&Bide, D&G
What is your personal style – a collection of influences from the travels I’ve been on and the wonderful ppl I meet. Eclectic and intuitive.
Your one fashion tip – wear your personality… sometimes it’s the only way to give voice to it on first impression.
(1) I bought this one piece swim suit. I love one pieces. They are so retro and I grew up being a fan of Esther Williams so there has always been a mild obsession with one pieces. It just happened to look really good with this high waisted lace skirt. Of course I realized this on accident as I was playing around with my new shopping… mixing, matching and prancing in the mirror. These Alexander McQueen shoes were bought on sale at Kitch in Kala Ghoda, very rocker chic and super comfy. They throw an interesting statement into this otherwise relatively retro/feminine ensemble. I instantly fell in love with this ring when I saw it. I’m not huge on accessories unless they really resonate with a part of my personality that needs a piece of fashion to describe it… and this ring does just that… a bit warrior princess but very modern. Just love!
(2) This look is great for a night about town. These wax denims are a bit of a craze at the moment. Not so huge on crazes but this one I like! Black skinny jeans are a staple in my wardrobe. White silk top is from one of my fav Australian designers, as are the jeans actually, designer is Sass&Bide. The bag is from last season’s Burberry Collection. Black clutches just do so many favors to an outfit especially when embellished with buckles and zippers. Again a bag like this gives backbone to an overtly feminine outfit but on this look it just frames the whole look well. This earring is something I wear with almost everything. Amy Jackson actually gifted me this one in Goa during New Years. I adore the Indian-ness of it but it’s also soooo bohemian and such a rare find.
(3) This red Isabel Marant dress is something I currently cannot live without. You’ll see me on the beach in it or a cocktail party. It’s one of those seamless pieces that just fits for any occasion because I feel so myself and comfortable in it. It’s actually a skirt, which is evidenced in look number 4… but I wear it as a dress too. The tan Aldo heels are probably the most useful asset foot wear wise as this color just fits with so many things in my closet.
(4) This blue urchin top I bought on my first surfing trip to Bali when I was 19 yrs old and just dug it out of storage last month on my trip to Australia. I bought it at a designer called Paul Ropp. It holds sentimental value because that trip will always be special to me. The gold necklace is from Jade Jagger’s Jewelry show at LeMill. I paid a lot for it, but it was love at first sight. I dig the way she combines bohemian/funk with an ethnic twist and I’m all about flaunting the coolness of our Indian style sensibility and this neck piece is just that. This whole look is high street desi to me haha… I don’t know where I’m gonna wear it but that isn’t what I was thinking about when I put it together… If I love it then I’ll find somewhere to wear it.
(5) This orange tunic is my all time favorite right now. May I add…. it looks sooo good on our Indian skin. Long in the back and short in the front seems to be another summer trend that is not going anywhere for awhile. The front tucked into shorts was my addition to it all. But even worn as a dress on its own is statement enough. I wore this tunic to a food tasting at Vinoteca last week with the long gold chain handbag from look 4. Can’t live without Havaianas and can never have enough colors of them. These blue ones just set off the whole orange vibe well and go great with my new Zimmerman bando bikini (another Australia holiday purchase). The oversize handbag I love for its slouchy attitude and size. It carries everything from my laptop to my swimming goggles. God bless it! That leather band is always on my wrist… you can actually change the turquoise emblems on top as they are attached by snap buttons, such a great idea. So I have a whole case of different emblems to go with many different outfits depending on the colour of what I’m wearing… a great street market find in Byron Bay (another great hippie haven of the world in Australia) Island fashion rocks.
(6) My best look of them all, my new Lisa for Sher Singh day to night dresses. The coral and black one is great for meetings, lunches, drinks and everything in between while the sequined one is an all out, girl about town/red carpet look. Of course we know those shoes already and the Gucci wallet doubles up as a clutch as does the long gold chain as a wrist wrap around bangle.