1. Your Skin Should Drink Red Wine. It’s true, the antioxidants in red wine are easily absorbed and good for softening your skin! But before you fill a tub with it try smaller doses like a foot or hand soak. Or just cut a grape in half and rub it on your face then wash it off after 15 minutes.
2. Your Salad Fights Wrinkles! Plus you’ll get healthy nails and hair with silicon-rich foods, Eat Romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, and tomatoes (with the skin on.)
3. Honey Heals & Hydrates. Toss your lip balm and try this au naturel alternative!
4. Juice Your Hair! Lemon juice combined with tea is great for oily hair. Do half lemon juice, half black tea and rinse through clean hair. The lemon works as a great astringent but doesn’t ruin the pH balance.
5. Face Off in Your Kitchen. Ever come home to an empty bottle of make up remover? Don’t panic! A small amount of olive oil on a cotton pad can gently remove the toughest makeup! (Just be sure to remove any oil residue with a clean pad dipped in water.)
6. No Stinky Feet at Tea Time. Soak smelly feet in a black tea bath, tea’s tannins are good at neutralizing odors.
7. Lemonade For Your Face! You don’t need expensive creams and serums. Find a brighter complexion in your kitchen! Just rub a lemon on your face (but don’t go out in the sun right away!)
8. Oli-Free, Eggsactly. Paint a thin layer of egg white after washing your face to fight shine!
9. Be a Potato Head! Potato slices erase dark circles and lighten the skin around your eyes. Next time you want to erase a hangover reach for a potato instead of concealer. (Also cucumbers reduce puffiness because they are colder than the skin.)
10. Nail This Tip! Before a blood red mani or pedi soak your nails in a mixture of lemon juice and warm water to reduce discoloration. The rest of the lemon add to your tea to help boost your immune system, help digestion and clear up your skin!
Psst! Here’s a bonus one for the boys :)
11. Shaving Oil Beats Cream. Swap your shaving cream for baby oil. It works just as well and leaves your skin baby soft!