Even if you haven’t heard of Darpan Sanghvi, chances are you’ve enjoyed one of his wellness brands in India. His latest venture is introducing French personal brand L’Occitane’s range of luxury spas to India, including the recently opened Spa La Vie in Lower Parel. We loved our recent experience there so much we asked Darpan to share a few reasons everyone should live “The Spa Life” – and he gave us 10!
Like one needs a reason to be caressed, pampered and indulged while nestled in Provencal fragrances and coddled luxury, Camargue style… but when Miss Malini asks, you find not 1 but 10 reasons to visit to Spa la Vie by L’OCCITANE – so here goes!
1) From the minute you walk in, the lost feeling of unbound space, the opulence of serenity and escape, the simplistic warmth of a gentle smile and the invigorating bouquet of the signature tea… yum yum yum… just sets the tone right for all that delicious pampering to follow.
2) Need your feet softer than your Bruno Maglis, especially after you’ve shopped and those feet are ready to be dropped? Hit the spa for the Shea Leg Refresher.
3) Need brownie points for that next guy’s trip to Riga? Treat her to the Couple’s Escape in the oversized VIP suites: private steam chambers, hot stone massages, well-being bath ceremonies – great couple bonding time. And if that doesn’t work, shopping in Portofino it is.
4) Want to catch up with your friends while sampling some mini spa treatments and gossiping about Kim’s latest plastic surgery over Cucumber Wasabi Martinis? The private water ensconced lounge is the place to be.
5) Breathe fresh in Mumbai (yes, you read right) – a 20ft Living Green Wall in the spa courtyard. Close your eyes, you are in Provence.
6) Body-ache or heart-ache, hung-over or over-worked, nothing beats the blues like an aromachologie massage: mind, body and spirit, truly calm.
7) The ultimate sensorial experience (and we’re not talking about crossing the street in Mumbai); a delectable Almond Scrub on one of Mumbai’s only heated stone hammam beds while engulfed in emollient steam and caressed by the relaxing rain of the overhead Vichy shower… delightful pampering personified.
8) Glow like a million Euros (however long that’s around) with the Shea Body Wraps and the Immortelle Facials, at not so Euro prices.
9) Aaah my favorite… two pure, unadulterated and blissful hours of quiet and relaxation – no phone, no twitter, no malarkey… it’s just ME time
10) And finally – did I say it’s L’OCCITANE – need anything be said more?