How to Accessorise Like a Celebrity!Nitya Arora , 30 Oct 2012
Nitya of Valliyan has a great sense of fashion and accessories. Having styled some of the biggest fashion icons in Bollywood like Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai we figured it would be fun to get a few celebrity style secrets from her right here on MissMalini.com!
It’s always been my vision to teach women to accessorise themselves perfectly for different occasions – Indian and western. I believe that women are often confused when it comes to accessorising, especially Indian wear. Listen up as I bust some accessorising myths and share some tips on how not to over-accessorise!
1. If your style is young and edgy, here’s a great idea. Wear a bunch of mixed bands – metal, leather, thread, spikes) and match it to a plan tee.
Deepika Padukone in Valliyan's spike bracelet
2. Who says your too old for jewellery? – Jewellery does not have an age limit. Prefer to look elegant, wear a bold necklace with a solid Kurti or Salwar to create that statement.
3. Multipurpose jewellery – So you’ve bought a waist belt and you are wondering how often you can wear it? Well, wear it as a neck piece! Jewellery can be multipurpose, we can show you how a broach can be worn as a pendant and vice versa.
Sharmilla Khanna wearing a Valliyan crystal necklace and Bhairavi Jaikishan in a waist belt worn as necklace
4. Speaking of broaches, here is another great tip. Move away from pinning your sari to the blouse with the regular safety pin! Get creative. Use fun broaches that matches your sari!
5. Love wearing off shoulders or one shoulder dresses? Here is your tip for accessorising – an everlasting Choker!
Shradha Kapoor wearing Valliyan by Nitya Arora’s pastel choker
6. Wondering how to accessorise for work? – Here is the option. Wear simple earrings if it’s a formal environment or get a little bold with a neck piece. You can carry this in your bag and carry it off as a perfect post-work look too!
Sonam Kapoor in a Valliyan necklace
7. Cuffs – Wondering how to carry that off? The key is to stay simple. Make sure your clothes, shoes, bags etc are a solid colour so your cuff can be the statement.
Kamaal Sidhu wearing a Valliyan deco hand cuff at the Vogue 5th anniversary party
8. You have a cocktail party coming up – Be graceful! Tie your hair up and wear your favourite long earrings.
Sameera Reddy in Valliyan earrings and cuff at Amitabh Bachchans 70th birthday party
9. An insider tip – decide your accessory before you pick your clothes! Always works better.
Valliyan necklace on Soha Ali Khan
10.Final Tip – no size or age can define what accessories you can wear. Be yourself and be confident!
Register for this session at Styling Avenue on 9004060766 or mail [email protected] for details.
Nitya of Valliyan Accessories will be conducting a workshop on Saturday November 3rd sharing tips on accessorizing for western and Indian wear with volunteers for live demos. (Feel free to carry your own accessories if you’re confused about how to wear them!)
Where: Temperance Cafe, Bandra, mention that you heard on MissMalini.com to get your workshop pass for 2200rs (300rs discount).