10 Professional Makeup Tips and Tricks!Amritha Suvarna , 31 Oct 2012
Amritha has trained in make-up and hair in London and almost immediately started working on fashion shows, events, editorial photo shoots, and personal clients based in London. She is now in Mumbai to share her knowledge and passion for makeup and help women in India understand their skin and colors that best suit them!
1. Always test foundation colour on the jawline (and NOT your hand) because this area meets the neck. The foundation should match the colour of your neck.
2. Skincare – use an eye cream before applying concealer/ foundation on the eye area. This will not only help protect the eye from pre-mature aging but also allow foundation glide on easily.
3. Don’t forget to blend foundation into your hairline and ears – they are part of your face!
4. If you have small eyes, try not to use black kohl/ kajal in the waterline of your eye. It will make them look even smaller. Instead, open them up by using a nude/pearly white/white pencil liner inside the waterline.
5. Red lips/ statement lips look great and stand out when makeup on the rest of the face is minimal and restricted only to contouring and highlighting the cheeks. Works for formal events too! Test various shades of red to find the right one for you.
6. Nude make-up with just some definition on the eyes looks very modern chic and can be a perfect day look, but the base has to be flawlessly blended to look like second skin.
androgynous look for Central St. Martins, London
7. It is a common misconception that smokey eyes should only be black only. It can actually be any colour you want it to be, greens and blues look great on Indian skin tones. Wear it for night outs, fun events and parties. Keep lip colour nude.
8. When there is a lot happening on your clothes in terms of colours and textures, keep make-up simple to balance out your look. Use a neutral lipstick and eye shadow and wing out the eyeliner to accentuate eyes.
assisted Neusa Neves for designer Mei Hui
9. Make your lips look bigger! Add a touch of lighter colour or gloss just on the centre of you lips.
10. To set eyebrows on those night outs so they don’t budge while you party the night away – spray some medium to strong hold hair spray on an eyebrow brush and sweep upwards on the brows. They will stay put!
Register for this session at Styling Avenue on 9004060766 or mail [email protected] for details.
Amritha Suvarna will be conducting a workshop on Saturday November 3rd. She invites all participants to carry their own makeup for the workshop on 3rd November so she can teach them to use their own products in the best way for their skin.
Where: Temperance Cafe, Bandra, mention that you heard on MissMalini.com to get your workshop pass for 2200rs (300rs discount).