Tanya is a celebrity stylist. She started out styling Sonam Kapoor in Aisha and has since come a long way styling Kareena & Karisma Kapoor, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. She’s here to give you some of her favorite style tips, exclusively on MissMalini.com xoxo
1. For a pear-shaped body type – Accentuate your top half! Wear something darker and slimming on the bottom, like dark jeans or slacks, or even a dark knee-length pencil skirt or A-line skirt. When you keep it simple on the bottom, you have so much room to play with your tops and accessories
2. For a lollypop body type – Bring attention to the bottom half of the body, broaden your hips and shoulders to create the illusion of curves
3. For an hour-glass body type – Don’t hide your voluptuous curves. Choose bottoms that elongate your silhouette. You could highlight one area of the body at a time – For eg, if you’re wearing a fitted skirt, wear a less revealing blouse to accentuate your waist but not your bust area
4. For a Banana body type – You are the easiest to dress! This is your opportunity to create the illusion of having curves in all the right places! Flaunt or rather expose your legs
5. Party Dresses – A range of dresses you can wear for the upcoming party season.
6. Cuffs have been seen before on style icons like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. But recently, cuffs have become big, internationally. In India, we have always worn big kadas and kangans. The cuffs are a step ahead, with a modern twist. They help add an element of drama to your outfit
7. Wrap Dress – A universal one! This wrap dress looks great on all body types – get one now!
8. Layer your dresses with a slim jacket on a casual occasion or even for a movie night.
9. Belts – Cinch your waist with a belt on your dress if you would like to show it off!
10. Get creative… Think beyond an LBD!
Register for this session at Styling Avenue on 9004060766 or mail [email protected] for details.
Where: Temperance Cafe, Bandra, mention that you heard on MissMalini.com to get your workshop pass for 2200rs (300rs discount).
Tanya’s sense of style is diverse and appeals to a wide audience with varied taste. Her secret of styling is a deep understanding of the
personality of her client and maintaining it while also trying something new each time!
Tanya would like to share her insight with you, help you understand your body type, lifestyle and personality so you can put your best style forward! Discover your style under her expert guidance and get tips on latest trends for this upcoming party season.