Sonal is model/actor who made her debut in the movie Jannat. Aside from seeing her face splashed across billboards, she is set to sizzle onscreen once again in the movie 3G. Chauhan shares with us her top 5 style commandments!
Fashion for me has always meant fun. I don’t take it too seriously, maybe that’s why I enjoy it so much! I personally have never dressed to make an impression, so being on trend and pleasing the fashion critics has never been the aim. I like looking good and having fun while I’m at it. I have 5 very simple diktat’s I stand by, and it seems to be working so far.
1. I know you’ve heard it before, but only because it is that important – comfort. The minute you wear something you are not sure about or doesn’t fit well, it shows on your face. It’s important to understand your body, silhouettes and cuts that work for you, colors that compliment your skin tone. Wear what works for you, not what works for others.
2. Accessorize!! I love dressing up my outfit with interesting pieces of jewellery. Every time I travel, I make sure I stop by the local markets for quirky accessories. Some of my best buys are from vintage stores and flea markets. They can completely change the look of an outfit.
3. A well fitted blazer can do wonders. Mumbai doesn’t have much of a winter, so a blazer is my favourite for most evenings. I love to dress it up with an interesting brooch or scarf. When in doubt, it is the perfect go-to, to dress up an outfit.
4. I think this is a great time for fashion. We are taking more risks, there is more focus on individual style and fashion has just become more fun. I personally love playing with colors and prints. And if done right, anyone could pull it off. My clothes always reflect my mood, so find me wearing neons or brights prints, and you know its a good day.
5. The basics always stick by you. One must invest in a pair of jeans and black trousers that fit like a dream, the perfect cocktail dress, a crisp white shirt and black and nude pumps. They will be your best friends on days where nothing else seems to work, and we’ve all had those!