Are you running for the Pinkathon in Mumbai tomorrow? Even if you’ve not registered yet, they’re accepting spot registrations at the venue (Bandra Kurla Complex) between 5:45am and 6:15am, so you’ve still got a chance to show your support! If you do choose to run, then here are a few guidelines from the Pinkathon team to ensure that your “Big Pink Run” goes smoothly tomorrow!
1) Always keep yourself hydrated! Sipping water during the run helps you run longer and keeps your breathing in check.
2) Wear comfortable clothing, preferably track pants/shorts and a comfy T-shirt (you will also be given a pink t-shirt at the venue, and there will be changing rooms available should you want to change into that for the run).
3) Warm up before starting the run (there’s Zumba warm-up session at 6.30 am sharp!)
4) Eat right before the run, food is your fuel!
5) Sleep well the night before the run (that’s tonight!)
6) Pace yourself correctly – start slow. Remember, conserving energy is critical in distance running.
7) Assemble at the venue (C 19 ground, behind MCA club, Bandra-Kurla Complex) between 6.00 am – 6.15 am.
If you’re among the winners, the Pinkathon team will award you with prizes – televisions, refrigerators, hampers and more are up for grabs! For more information, route maps and parking, visit their website –www.pinkathon.co.