1. The Festival Vibe. Everyone I met had this to say, “what a beautiful day.”
2. The Art. OMG whoever made this deserves mad respect.
— Shilo Shiv Suleman (@shilo1221) March 6, 2013
*Aha! We have found her! Excellent work Shilo Shiv Suleman. PS, how awesome is your name?!
3. The Opening Acts. There was a lot of love and happiness on stage even before Norah started her set. Thank you Ankur Tewari and the Ghalat Family, Karsh Kale Collective and M. Ward. I’m a fan of old and new :)
4. Stage Two. Trust the folks at Only Much Louder (OML) to hold their festival NH7 style. (Yup you called it Mumbai Boss.) Besides the The Dewarists Stage, they set up a smaller Think Pink stage, where Singer-songwriter Sidharth Basrur (we know him!), Kolkata-based up-and-comer Nischay Parekh and pop-rock group Spud In The Box performed while the next act set up at The Dewarists Stage. So slick.
5. The Flea Market. Take a girl to a concert and let her shop? Whoever came up with that plan is an evil genius :) Stalls by T-shirt brand SheepStop, handbag label Princesse K, and doodle-decorated stationery by Something Sketchy as well as food and beverage stalls serving everything from Woodside Inn burgers and Jam Jar hotdogs to Le15 Patisserie cupcakes! I even got this tweet!
…and when a sheep as cute as this beckons you go up and say hello! Which I did :)
6. Think Pink! The Women’s Cancer Initiative of the Tata Memorial Hospital was there with bells on to raise awareness for breast cancer. Deivika Bhojwani works relentlessly to support the cause and we love her for it.
7. She’s #geekchic! Norah Jones trending on Twitter (even before the concert happened!)
8. I also LOVED all the little touches; like the giant origami birds that lit up as the sun set!
9. Obviously, Norah. How can you not love that voice? And of course she played all my favourite songs :) She was charming and sweet starting her set with, “Shukriya, You are the warmest welcome. Thank you. We’re so happy to be here. If my first show in India and their (her band’s) first time in India. We are very happy.”
And then made everyone giggle when she switched guitars and chimed, “this one’s red!”
She also brilliantly handled the dude who heckled her to sing Come Away With Me non-stop and finally dedicated it to him at the end of her show :)
Norah Jones at A Summer’s Day Set List
What Am I To You
It’s Gonna Be
Take It Back
All A Dream
Cold Cold Heart
Out On The Road
Long Way Home
Don’t Know Why
How Many Times
Come Away With Me
10. 4000 Wonderful People. See it can be done! 4000 people walked around, smiled hello, said “excuse me” and “thank you” and patiently waited their turn in line for a drink.
11. One Free Song. Norah Jones is giving away one free song on iTunes while she’s on tour in India! Get it here: norahjonestour
PS. I’m a tripod too :) Next stop Bangalore! WIN your free VIP upgrades here :) xoxo