In my on-going make up with Marvie Beck blog series, here’s a quick tutorial on how to brighten up your look with a smooth skin finish and get those juicy lips!
1. Use a mineral powder on top of your foundation, that will blend nicely and avoid your skin looking patchy.
2. Get that chiseled nose by dabbing on a little brighter color on the bridge of your nose.
3. For contouring, use a darker color. For me Marvie suggested MAC or Body Shop bronzing powder in Dark or Guerlain’s Perles de Paradis that come in a super pretty little container like this:
4. Marvie recommended generous amounts of Desert Rose or Fleur Power blush by MAC for me! (A word of caution though, if you’re going for dark lips then go easy on the blush but dark blush and gloss look great together!) Marvie also says the new nude for lips is peach!
5. Another great lip conditioner to try is Bobbi Brown’s silicon based one because it doesn’t make your lipstick too runny.
6. Always line your lips and them smudge them in to make your lipstick last longer (and avoid that unsightly lined-lips-no-lipstick look after you eat or drink anything!) For me, Marvie suggested the Bobbi Brown’s pencil in Plum.(Even Sephora has one in plum btw.)
7. Dab a little vaseline on your teeth before applying your lipstick to avoid lipstick stains on your pearly whites!
8. Give your lips a 3D appearance by using a softer color on top to tone it down but still brighten it up.
9. Brightening your lip color with a lighter gloss will always make you lips look fuller! For me Marvie recommended Coral Pink lipstick by Maybeline and Tamara lip gloss.
Beauty School: Makeup With Marvie Beck – Prepping Your Skin & Eyebrows.
Beauty School: Makeup With Marvie Beck – Easy Eye Makeup!
Beauty School: Makeup With Marvie Beck – Really Smokey Eyes.
Beauty School: Makeup With Marvie Beck – Quick Updos & Finishing Touches.
Pix Khyati Gandhi for MissMalini