The much-anticipated next instalment of the Iron Man series hits cinemas in India on Friday, but we got to catch it yesterday thanks to an early screening! We know you’re looking forward to it, so here are five things we loved about the film that you should look out for when you go watch it.
1. Robert Downey Jr. There’s a lot more Tony Stark in this film, since he spends considerably more time outside of his suit. RDJ gets more screen time because of this, and he is excellent as he explores the layers of Tony’s character, balancing his internal battles (panic attacks, obsession) with the external ones.
2. The wit. There are some truly funny moments in this film, and RDJ’s quips are definitely chuckle-worthy: “You know what I’m wondering? Where’s my sandwich?” “I got nothing.” “You know how I know that? Because we’ve got a connection.”
3. The free fall scene. One scene that you definitely have to look out for is the one that occurs on a plane (and then later off it), where Iron Man rescues 13 people who are free falling. Fantastically shot scene and definitely one of the best.
4. Robert Downey Jr’s scenes with Ty Simpkins. For a portion of the film, Tony Stark meets a smart kid in Tennessee and uses help to move forward. Thankfully, the movie avoids being mushy about it, and instead we’re treated to some sardonic wit from Tony Stark, making for some fun scenes.
5. The Mandarin. There’s not a lot that can be said about this without giving too much away, but the treatment of this character is super, and Sir Ben Kingsley is incredible in this role. Definitely one of the high points of the film!