Now that I’m writing this blog I realise everything I needed to know in life I really DID learn from Bollywood, here’s how :)
1. A person who is lying to you will always avoid making eye contact.
2. Hands touching their face, throat & mouth or touching or scratching their nose or behind their ear. A liar is also not likely to touch his or her chest/heart with an open hand.
3. If you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. The guilty wants the subject changed; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
4. A liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you.
5. A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn their head or body away.
6. A liar will use your own words when answering a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”
7. Delayed emotions: someone says “I love it!” when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made.
8. If a right handed person looks to the left while answering your question it indicated a made up answer as their eyes are showing a “constructed” image or sound. Looking to the right would indicated a “remembered” voice or image, and thus would be telling the truth.
*A typical left-handed person would have the opposite meanings for their eye-directions.
PS. If you didn’t understand that Mallika Sherawat jab click here :)