Sonam Kapoor was spotted at the launch of Tommy Hilfiger‘s Fall/Holiday Collection wearing a houndstooth checkered dress straight from their runway show at the recent Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. Houndstooth is a textile pattern that is made of abstract four-pointed shapes that look like (any guesses?) a hound’s tooth. This classic pattern looks so chic and is about to become one of the biggest international trends for Fall 2013.
Here are 5 reasons why you need to have houndstooth checks in your closet.
1) It’s Classic. Houndstooth is a classic menswear print that Chanel had made famous for women in the 60’s. The pattern has been around for over decades in its classic black and white shades but now is making a comeback in a variety of neon colours as well.
2) You can accessorize with it. If you have never worn houndstooth checks before, try starting with accessories like a scarf, a bow, a wrist band or even your mobile phone cover and pair it with some bold colours just to get a feel of the print on you. Trust me, you’ll get addicted.
3) It makes for great work-wear. The simplest way to wear this trend is to wear a houndstooth printed jacket over your formals to work. Also, a houndstooth blazer can easily go from day to night.
4) You can buy it at affordable prices too. The beautiful thing about this print is that it is very adaptable and can be worn in many different ways. It is also available not only at big fashion houses like Salvatore Ferragamo, Stella McCartney, Kate Spade and Jimmy Choo but also available at affordable high street brands like Tommy Hilfiger, H&M, Zara, ASOS and Topshop.
5) Sonam wears it so it’s gotta be in vogue! Other celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Sonakshi Sinha, Salman Khan, Leighton Meester to name a few have been spotted wearing houndstooth checks in the form of dresses, tops, shoes, skirts, scarves etc.
I’m definitely buying some form of houndstooth check for my wardrobe this winter, are you?
Also read Karen‘s 5 Must Have Pieces for Your Office Wardrobe