Yesterday evening, Anurag Kashyap held a special screening of the Hollywood film The Wolf of Wall Street, directed by his favourite, Martin Scorsese. A bunch of Bollywood celebrities responded to his invitation and showed up for the screening, including Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma, Imtiaz Ali, Naseeruddin Shah and many more. However, one lady in particular decided that she didn’t want to be photographed by the paparazzi standing outside the cinema hall, and therefore chose to hide her face behind a scarf she was carrying. Can you guess who she is? Here are a few hints for you…
1) She was born in Muscat.
2) She has an elder sister.
3) She attended Mithibhai College and St Andrew’s college.
4) She was ‘discovered’ accidentally when she walked onto the sets of a fashion photographer, and was promptly signed on for a campaign he was shooting.
5) She participated in and won the Femina Miss India title in 2007.
6) Her first Bollywood film released in 2011, and the second one a year later in 2012.
7) She has also done one Tamil film and one Telugu film.
8) She has a role in an upcoming big budget Bollywood film with an ensemble star cast.
9) The first film she ever did never got released.
10) She was featured in the music video of a song by an Australian rock group.
Have you figured it out yet? Take a look at more pictures…
If you guessed Sarah Jane Dias, then yes, you would be correct! See? :)
We’re not sure why she was insistent upon hiding her face when she entered the cinema, but upon her exit, the photographers were able to get a few shots of her without her face hidden. Someone who was present during the screening tells us that she practically ran in order to avoid getting photographed, although we’re not sure why!
Pix: Viral Bhayani for MissMalini